Friday, March 07, 2008

It started out with the best intentions, then it got crazy

We bought the Nikon D40 as a means to enable faster photos of our kids. There were no plans to set it to anything besides auto mode let alone get a bunch of addictive gear for it.  

Well that was the intent anyway.  A few weeks into having this little machine in hand, the metamorphosis began in earnest. 

It's been nothing but fun since!  Not only do we have much nicer photos of our children but of everything:) A couple DSLRs, a few lenses, flashes and tripods later, here I am aiming to get it right in a few less clicks.  I make images (for those who'd have me take them:) that capture the mood, feeling and coolness of life, love, and space. 

Hop along on my journey and I hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Tanya Mau-Halsall said...

Ah, Gloria! I didn't know you were such the photographer! I, too, have a love for photography, that which I got from my dad...I don't have a fancy camera (YET!), but I'm so inspired by your photos and your new website! Thanks for sharing it with me, and I have absolutely loved every one of your photos!

Gloria said...

Thanks sooo much Tanya! It is really so much fun, get yerself a nikon d40 and you wont regret it! As you can see, I'm still QA'ing at this late hour! Again, we're hoping to make it your way for a visit and some gorgeous shots:)